Thursday, July 19, 2012

30 Teams in 30 Days: Calgary Flames

Next up is the Calgary Flames.

Unfortunately, Calgary doesn't have any prospects currently playing in the OHL. However, 2nd rounder this year, Patrick Sieloff, will be suiting up for Windsor next year.

I absolutely loved his game at the Under 18's this year and I think he's going to have a great year in Windsor. They desperately needed a real physical, shutdown guy and I think he's going to fit very nicely into their lineup. In fact, I'd be surprised if he isn't paired with Nick Ebert to start the year, on the team's first pairing. I also expect him to see some powerplay time in order to get a good read on the type of offensive skill he has. I know some people who say he has some underrated offensive skill and isn't just a pure stay at home guy. He'll definitely get his chance to prove that.

No comments: